Friday, August 12, 2011

down to single digits

Well here we are with 9 weeks left! WOW! He is going to be here before we know it. I am now getting anxious and just ready to meet him and cuddle him!

This last month has been a little interesting. Starting in the middle of June, I was having blood in my urine. I was put on antibiotics for UTI, however tests revealed it was never a UTI. So this happened again July 2nd. I was told to come in and get checked out and to make sure I wasn't having contractions. I was suppose to be on the monitor for 20 minutes but then that turned into about an hour and a half because I actually was having contractions. The doctor had thought there was a chance I had kidney stones so decided to do an ultra sound on my kidney and bladder. Nothing showed on that, but they can be small so they don't always show. So they said just to monitor things and I was put on antibiotics again.

Then a few days later, on our way home from the Ozarks I started having some back pain. The next day (Tuesday) the back pain was very severe and painful. AJ drove me up to Covenant. They said this had to be the passing of the kidney stones. I was in tears pretty much the whole time there because my back pain was so intense. I had to be have a test to see if there was a chance I would have preterm delivery. Luckily that was negative. So I got put on Vicatin...once that kicked in I felt so much better. However I then started throwing up the rest of the day and the next day as well until finally that Wednesday night I PASSED THE KIDNEY STONES!!! It wasn't overally big, a little smaller than a pea but oval shaped. And then had a few that looked like grains of sand. It's crazy how small these things were but yet caused soo much pain.

My contractions have continued. They were all painless until this week. They now feel very crampy in my lower abdomen and in my lower back. It is starting to be uncomfortable and the only thing that makes them feel better is a heating pad. Sleep has been horrible! I had to be checked again to make sure I wasn't dilated or having a chance of preterm later. That all turned out fine again so just have to keep an eye on things. Let's hope this lil babe can hang out a few more weeks in there!!



31 weeks!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment