Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Having a Great Dane



Did I ever think I would say yes to AJ for getting a Great Dane!? Never did I imagine saying yes.


We really thought Roy needed a friend- someone to play with when he gets bored, and of course someone to get in trouble with :)


AJ has always told me he wanted a Great Dane named Bob. I had partly given in now. We decided another boy dog was not the best idea. On the way to go look in Algona (they only had girls anyway) my mind was made up that we weren't just looking. I knew I would fall in love and bring home a puppy.


When you think of a puppy, you usually think small or tiny. A Great Dane is never any of those words. However, she has HUGE paws and is super super cute with floppy ears:)



So we got there and just played with all the puppies. Aj's sister, brother-in-law, and niece came to check out the pups (thinking they might be interested as well!).




We ended up picking one out. Nateria, Rob and Grace left without one ;)



Somehow Abby was the name we ended up. The name AJ wanted was Bob, but that didn't quite work for a female and I didn't want to name her Bobby ;)



I ended up sitting in the back of the car on the way home holding my new pup!


Abby was born on my birthday, July 1st. She is not even a year old but is over 110 pounds, and can rest her head on our island in the kitchen.

She is so gentle, calm and cuddly. She LOVES kids and babies and follows them around to be their bodyguard. She is the BEST and Roy is very appreciative that we got him a sister :)

2 comments:

  1. why wasn't i told about this blog???? welcome! Miss you guys, thanks again for all you have done for us!! You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. matt said if he ever got a dog he'd want a great dane too, silly pups :)

    ReplyDelete